Dear supporters and friends,
We feel so blessed to live in this beautiful city with mountains all around us. The views are truly breath-taking. We are finally settled in our new house.
For the last six weeks a missionary girl from North Carolina named Sommer has been living with us. It’s been so much fun having her here, and she would like to come back to serve as a missionary someday. It’s going to be hard to see her go, but comforting to know that she’ll be back (Lord willing).
For over two months the teachers around here have been on strike. It’s been a blessing though because we’ve been able to spend more time with the children teaching them English, doing devotions, having times of worship and playing hard. We also had some unexpected excitement due to the strike when the authorities threw tear gas to disperse the crowds. Some landed near the home center, and the kids were a bit scared until they realized that everything was ok.
A month ago we hosted our first mission team from California. What a great encouragement they were! We have been working on a new soccer field and a retaining wall between the houses, and they helped us complete the wall as well as a few other projects. A special thanks goes out to the team for all their help! The wall looks great, and once the grass comes up in a few more months, we’ll be playing soccer! Possible Olympic team, perhaps?
Some really big news is that we have two new boys at the children’s home, Benjamin and Jonatan. Benjamin doesn’t know who his dad is and his mom does not want to care for him. Jonatan’s family lives in extreme poverty in a small town in the mountains where he does not have access to school, so he is living with his dad in the valley to be able to go to school. Please pray for them as they begin to learn about Jesus!! Also, we are looking for sponsors for them, so if you would like to sponsor them please let us know ASAP.
Diego, Joey and Gaby are doing well. It brings joy to our hearts to see them growing stronger in their faith and loving the Lord. They are already speaking lots of Spanish. This is an experience they will never forget.
The next trip to Perú to visit us and meet the children is tentatively planned for June 2013. If you are interested please contact Heidi Estrada at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jeri Gort at email@example.com. You can also write us an email for more info. We are looking forward to seeing you in Perú!!
- For the last 3 months we have been taking the local bus to get us to the Children's home and church. We realized, however, that having a large van will benefit not only our family but also the 15 children we have to transport every day. On Sunday nights after church, it is hard to go back home because buses are so limited. We have a generous supporter who will match every dollar up to $7,500. If you would like to help with this need, please write a check to: Kids Alive International with Posner Vehicle fund in the memo and send it to: 2507 Cumberland Drive Valparaiso, IN 46383. Thank you for helping us get a van for our precious children!!
Please pray with us:
- Pray for the teachers’ strike to end soon.
- Pray for the two new boys, Benjamin and Jonatan.
- Pray for wisdom from above so we can serve Him better.
- Pray for protection over our family.
Joyfully serving our Lord Jesus,